On 05/01/2018 11:26 AM, Marius Rometsch wrote:
Hello dear SL Users,
I was directed here from the scientificlinuxforum.org because I seem to have
encountered unusual behavior of yum and SL.
I switched from OpenSUSE to SL7 yesterday and while setting it up, yum could
not install or update any packages.
Whenever i try to install or update I get the following errors:
https://pastebin.com/UqKyKANq
TL;DR: I get back 404 for every repo
I tried:
Adding 3rd party repos
Changing DNS configuration
cleaning yum

This is the Link to the original forum post I created with all terminal
responeses:
https://scientificlinuxforum.org/index.php?showtopic=3740

Please ask me for whatever information you might need.

Info:
-Operating System: Scientific Linux 7.4 (Nitrogen)
-CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:scientificlinux:scientificlinux:7.4:GA
-Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64
-Architecture: x86-64
Everything is freshly installed.
I am really out of options here. It would be great if someone could help me fiigure this out.
Thank you in advance and best regards
Marius Rometsch

The errors you posted to pastebin.com all seem to relate to the elrepo repository. Try "yum --disablerepo=elrepo update" and see if that works.

Also, the repomd.xml.asc files which are causing the 404 errors tend to be associated with the repo_gpgcheck option, which not all repos support. If you enabled that in your /etc/yum.conf file, try disabling it. (See https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2850911)

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grde...@scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/