Don't have SL6 UI machines anymore but I think they use GDM.

Look under /etc/gdm/, /etc/xdg/autostart/ and /usr/share/gdm/greeter/autostart.
The firdt has scripts that run pre/post session and most closely replicate the
xdm scripts.. The second can be used to run scripts or start apps when the user
logs in. The third runs as the GDM user in the context of the login screen.
Can't recall which bits are SL6 or SL7 so YMMV.

I used to run xdm on a FreeBSD laptop but that was in the previous century.

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC013532

On 03/08/2021, 08:38, "Mailing list for Scientific Linux users worldwide on
behalf of Ekkard Gerlach" <scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov on behalf
of e...@liburg.de> wrote:

    /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0 in  is NOT executed, what could be the reason? I
    inserted on top of file