On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 8:54 PM Montague Bestes
<00001024f7089807-dmarc-requ...@listserv.fnal.gov> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have Scientific Linux release 4 Beryllium, on Dell studio slim desktop. I
> use a android phone with USB tethering and a hard cable. The phone seems to
> recognize the command and responds, indicating a successful connection, but
> unable to browse. Multiple dhcp requests are sent out but none returned.

Backup and upgrade the Scientific Linux, immediately, or replace the
hardware with a new system. Support for that operating system ended
more than 10 years ago. Do *not* expect it to work reliably with
modern peripherals. Replacing that system will be much faster, and
cheaper in your time spent, than trying to keep it alive.