On Feb 28, 2008, at 9:16 AM, Faye Gibbins wrote:

Hi,

Can't you just rpm2cpio the relevant rpm then extract the files you need?

There is also the

rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs apache....i386.rpm

option.

From the man page:

       --replacepkgs
Install the packages even if some of them are already installed
              on this system.

Or even install the apache rpm in a chroot then copy them across?

Yours
Faye

Mark Tilles wrote:
I recently installed SL 5.1 but accidentally erased /etc/httpd/ folder … daaaaa. Could someone who has this folder intact and unmodified please post this folder gzipped somewhere where I can download it?

Faye Gibbins, Computing Officer (Infrastructure Services)
GeoS KB; Linux, Unix, Security and Networks;
Communications Technologist   -  IT  Professionals' Forum
Beekeeper  - The Apiary Project, KB -   www.bees.ed.ac.uk

 I grabbed at spannungsbogen before I knew I wanted it.

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

--
Steve Traylen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]