Ioannis Vranos wrote:
Hi, I have downloaded SL 5.1 x86 DVD image, and although it passes
sha1sum test and I burn it verifying it, when I test the medium during
install it fails. Also installation fails. The same happens with CentOS
5.1 x86 installation DVD, so perhaps it is a Red Hat EL5.1 x86 DVD issue?

In any case this made me move to Ubuntu (it was a "showstopper" for me).

Did you actually try installing from the DVD? Just skipping the installers DVD check and do the install?

Ubuntu is a good distribution as well, so maybe you'll have better luck with it. It has some features that SL doesn't, and SL has features that it doesn't.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group