Hi Troy,

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Troy Dawson wrote:

Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Troy Dawson wrote:
[...]
NOTE:  I haven't gotten XFS (the file system) to compile yet for it.

Removing the now conflicting definitions from the xfs header seems correct to me. Something like adding

grep -q 'BH_Unwritten' %{kernel_src_path}/include/linux/buffer_head.h && \
    sed -i '/^BUFFER_FNS.*unwritten/d' linux-2.6/xfs_linux.h

to %prep. It's hard to fix it with a patch without breaking builds for the older kernels. An SRPM with this hack is

  http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/~wiesand/SL5/xfs-0.4-2.sl5.src.rpm

It builds and survives light testing with the new kernel.

[...]
       yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update kernel\*

--> Processing Conflict: kernel conflicts ecryptfs-utils < 44

(only a problem if ecryptfs-utils is installed ...)

I now have the newer ecryptfs-utils (and ecryptfs-utils-devel) in the testing area.

There's a similar issue with cpuspeed. The new conflict doesn't work because they missed that cpuspeed has epoch=1, but things may still break if that isn't updated along with the kernel. It probably only affects AMD CPUs only.

Any ETA for 5.3? ;-)

- Stephan

You might have to do a "yum --enablerepo=sl-testing clean all" but it should work now.
Thanks for testing
Troy

--
Stephan Wiesand