Excellent! Thank you very much Akemi. I was browsing through the spec file and encountered all those sections that you wrote up in the wiki. I did not wish to dig through all those details to figure out how to spec file works. Your recipe is exactly what I need! Thanks!

A short followup: You have a warning at the beginning of the wiki that it is almost not necessary to build a custom kernel. My problem is that I need a kernel that's able to mount a squashfs fs on a loop device during boot-up. The standard kernel has both squashfs and loop as .ko. I believe I need them built-in. If I'm wrong, please advise.

Thanks again!

Ken