Arnau Bria wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:27:15 -0500
Troy Dawson wrote:

Hi Troy,

[...]
So the question is, who installed ati-fglrx and why...

My guess
puppet
Why?
Because puppet can work on generalities.  You can say that you want
the driver for your video card, and it can figure out the correct
driver.
Well, these are the packages (related to libGL) that I install with
puppet:
xorg-x11-devel.i386/x86_64
xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL.i386/x86_64
xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU.i386/x86_4

they provide libGL,  but those packages not explain (for me) why
ati-fglrx is installed.
Maybe, if they're not installed yet, yum solves dependency with
ati-fglrx.
does it make sense to you?

[...]

If you are trying to track down what program installed the file, here is where to look.

Did it get installed during the initial install?
/root/install.log

Did it get installed by puppet after the install?
?? I really have no idea where to look, ask you local puppet expert ??

Did yum install it after the install?
/var/log/yum.log

I am snipping the rest of the email ... just because I currently don't have time to answer it right now, and I figured I'd get this much out right not.

Troy
Troy Dawson  daw...@fnal.gov  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group