Hi all,

I have posted this a few weeks ago on the XFS mailing list, but did not receive
an answer. So I'm trying here.

We have an XFS filesystem on SL 5.4 with pquota accounting and enforcement. It
was working well, but recently I had to disable enforcement for a short time.
Now I want to switch it back on, but I get the error "XFS_QUOTAON: Invalid
argument".

Does anyone know, what to do? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

[r...@coffein raid]# xfs_quota -x -c "state -a" /raid
User quota state on /raid (/dev/sdb1)
  Accounting: OFF
  Enforcement: OFF
  Inode: #18446744073709551615 (0 blocks, 0 extents)
Group quota state on /raid (/dev/sdb1)
  Accounting: OFF
  Enforcement: OFF
  Inode: #259 (24 blocks, 3 extents)
Project quota state on /raid (/dev/sdb1)
  Accounting: ON
  Enforcement: OFF
  Inode: #259 (24 blocks, 3 extents)
Blocks grace time: [7 days 00:00:30]
Inodes grace time: [7 days 00:00:30]
Realtime Blocks grace time: [7 days 00:00:30]

[r...@coffein raid]# xfs_quota -x -c "enable -p -v" /raid
XFS_QUOTAON: Invalid argument

Best Regards,
Jan