On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Arnau Bria wrote:
<snip>
I see that your package python-numeric-23.1-0.2.el5.rf.x86_64
has rf in the releae. Is it from rpmforge ?

Seems that comes from dag:
python-numpy.x86_64 1.0.1-1.el5.rf dag

http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/dag/redhat/el5/en/x86_64/RPMS.dag/python-numpy-1.0.1-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm

*we use local repo replica, but the package is in official dag repo.

You mention python-numpy when the question was about
python-numeric :-)

no, Andrew asked about pythion-numeric. From his reply:

"I see that your package python-numeric-23.1-0.2.el5.rf.x86_64
has rf in the releae. Is it from rpmforge ? "

But your _answer_ mentioned python-numpy NOT python-numeric:

 Seems that comes from dag:
 python-numpy.x86_64 1.0.1-1.el5.rf dag
          *^^^^^*

I'd suggest removing the python-numpy and any rf/dag versions of
python-numeric from your repos and do the tests with just the sl5
repos enabled...

I do need dag. removing it my question about numpy feature won't be
answered.

*Probably with only SL5 repos I won't have this problem cause only one
package will server numpy feature.

But the sl5 repo contains numpy - and it seems to be newer than the version in python-numpy anyway.

The sl5 numpy package is a newer version so should be preferred but the name isn't the same.

What does:

  rpm -q --whatrequires python-numpy

report on your machines?

If you can't remove these (obsolete) packages from your repos then the package clashes will

Troy, should the sl5 numpy package provide a python-numpy feature and obsolete/conflict python-numpy to avoid this problem for people who have this dag version present in their active repos? (or perhaps ask dag to remove python-numpy)

 -- Jon