On Jan 4, 2011, at 10:57 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Devin Bougie
<devin.bou...@cornell.edu<mailto:devin.bou...@cornell.edu>> wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, Akemi and Mark.  When I try to use the ELRepo
packages, kmod-nvidia conflicts with module-init-tools.

The module-init-tools version on your system has a bug as detailed here:
http://elrepo.org/tiki/Update
You need to update module-init-tools to the current version which has
the bug fixed. Either that or install the one provided by ELRepo.
yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo elrepo update module-init-tools kmod-nvidia

Thanks.  Once this replaced the module-init-tools from SL 5 base with
module-init-tools from ELRepo (both 3.3-0.pre3.1.60.el5), I was able to install
nvidia-drv-x11 and kmod-nvidia from ELrepo.  With this configuration, ViEVO
works correctly.

I am a little hesitant to push module-init-tools from ELRepo to all of our SL5
systems.  Is there any chance of incorporating the patched version of
module-init-tools (or an nvidia driver that provides OpenGL 1.5+) into SL5?

Thanks again,
Devin