From: Gerard Lally <ger...@netmail.ie>
Subject: SL 6 as Xen PV domU
To: "Scientific Linux Users List" <scientific-linux-us...@fnal.gov>
Date: Monday, April 25, 2011, 3:16 AM

Hi

first of all many thanks to those responsible for this fine release.

Simple question: is the kernel that comes with the SL 6 amd64
release Xen PV domU-ready, or do I need to get a PV domU kernel
somewhere else?

As a Slackware user I'm not familiar with rpm-based distros at all, but
I hope to learn more about them with SL 6. I've had success building
Slackware domUs on NetBSD but I'm having some trouble doing the same
with SL 6. I suspect it's a kernel issue but I'm not familiar enough
with the way kernels work in SL yet to know better, so a simple Yes or
No to whether PV domU support is included in SL 6 kernels would help
greatly. Thank you.

--
Gerard Lally