On May 27, 2011, at 15:48, Randall Martin wrote:

> I’m having trouble installing SL6 on a Dell PE1950 via PXE kickstart.

Works for me:

# dmidecode |grep Product
        Product Name: PowerEdge 1950
# lspci|grep Ethernet
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 11)

>  The node boots and loads the installer, but I get a message “Waiting for
> NetworkManager to configure eth0” followed by the error “Network Error: There
> was an error configuring your network interface”.  It looks like the bnx2
> ethernet driver isn’t loaded.  What is the procedure to add this driver to
> initrd in the install media?  Would creating a driver update image that is
> referenced in the kickstart file be a more elegant solution?

When we have trouble with PXE installs, it usually turns out that the switch
port was forgotten too be set to "portfast".

--
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-