On 06/02/2011 01:51 PM, Chris Tooley wrote:
Hello all,

I need sssd 1.5.x and 6.1 is supposed to have it.

Unfortunately, it's not released yet, and trying to install sssd 1.5.x
from 6rolling gives me a whole whackload of dependencies.. I figure it's
best to just upgrade the system - is there any reason I should not
upgrade to 6rolling?  Is there an accepted way of upgrading to 6rolling?

Thanks for the help!
-Chris

The quickest way to go to 6rolling.

i686:
rpm -Uvh http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/i386/os/Packages/sl-release-6.1-0.1.rolling.i686.rpm

x86_64:
rpm -Uvh http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/x86_64/os/Packages/sl-release-6.1-0.1.rolling.x86_64.rpm

and then do a
  yum update

I would only update to it on a test machine, not production.

If you were doing virtulization I wouldn't recommend going to SL 6rolling. Most of the packages that haven't passed our tests are virtulization packages.

Troy
Troy Dawson  daw...@fnal.gov  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group