Just enable ATRPMS - repostitory... and DRBD is available..

Carel

________________________________

From: owner-scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov on behalf of Steven Timm
Sent: Sun 19-Jun-11 17:45
To: Randy Evans
Cc: scientific-linux-us...@fnal.gov
Subject: Re: Heartbeat & DRBD availability in SL 5.5

Both those packages are availble in the fermi version.. I am
surprised they wouldn't be availble in main SL.  Work is under
way to get them in to SL6 as well.

Steve

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011, Randy Evans wrote:

> I am in the process of converting a number of CentOS machines to
> Scientific Linux.
>
> We have several machines which use Heartbeat and DRBD and these
> packages were available for install from the default repository in
> CentOS 5.5 but are not available in SL 5.5.  I thought, except for a
> few extra packages SL adds to their build, both were recompilations of
> RHEL and would have the same base packages available.
>
> I know there are additional repositories that can be enabled which
> would provide Heartbeat and DRBD but I am confused as to why there is
> a difference in the base packages.
>

> Thanks,
> Randy

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
t...@fnal.gov  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.