On Thu, 30 Jun 2011, Yasha Karant wrote:

What is the list etiquette concerning interspersed replies (post 1 paragraph A, post 2 reply after A, post 1 paragraph B, post 2 reply after B, etc., with recursive iteration)? Such an approach often provides real information indexing issues with threaded lists.

I use IA-32 Linux Thunderbird current (3.1.11); [....]

How committed are you to Tbird? I've been unable to find an rpm for Pan that doesn't hit dependency hell with SL; if there is one, you might want to give it a try instead.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Double Retiree,
Linux Duffer, Curmudgeon On Line,