Hello:
        I have an application that needs to be able to read and write a
Logical Volume directly and it does not run as root.

        On RHEL 5.X I could change the mode, owner and group of a LV and it
would stay changed until the system was rebooted. This was fine because I
could run a rc script at boot time.

        On RHEL 6.X if I do the same thing, as soon as the application opens
the LV for writing the first time the mode, owner and group are changed
back. This means the LV is not accessible by other application processes.

        I know this is a Scientific-Linux list, but because it is based on
Red Hat the problem and solution would be the same and I have post the same
thing on a Red Hat list and gotten no replies, I thought I would try here. I
don't know if it is selinux or udev that is doing this. I am sure someone
may have some questions and want more details and I will provide them if
requested. I just did not want to take up a lot of space with all kinds of
examples, etc.

I cannot start supporting the application on RHEL 6.X until I find a
solution to this problem.

Thanks
Jack Allen