On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Johnson, Kent A (GE Healthcare)
<kent.john...@med.ge.com> wrote:
> Hi Artem,
>
> Just to reiterate, this is the stock SL6.1 single DVD ISO image I'm using.
> SL6.1 is the first time that networkmanager is introduced for installation.
>
> I've tried your network line and several others as well as no network line in
> the kickstart, but, the networkmanager still pops up to configure the network
> device. Everything works great if I configure the network at the popup, even
> if eth0 is already fully configured by the KS.
>
> By hitting CANCEL on the networkmanager popup and then looking at CTRL-ALT-F3
> output, I've now determined that it is trying to get security updates from
> the SL ftp repo. And, even though I've tried fully configuring the only
> ethernet device (eth0), networkmanager still pops up exactly at this point
> (preparing to get security updates from the SL ftp repo.
>
> I'm thinking that I may have to reroll the stock image to eliminate this if
> possible, ulness there is some other boot or KS option that will stop
> networkmanager from popping up...

Hold it. Is it first asking you to *select* among several available
network devices? And have you included the "ksdevice=eth0", or
whatever is your relevant network port, in your command line options
at the beginning of your kickstart selections?

I'm sorry if you've already said and I don't have it, but I'm remember
problems I've had with multiple network devices and explaining to the
anaconda system that I want *THAT* one, no, I'm not kidding, don't
bother me about the rest. And Anaconda has been getting updated,
upstream, to suppport new hardware and resolve some old issues, so
there well may have been a subtle bug introduced upstream.