Ok, I jujst got a brand new Dell XPS laptop a few days ago. I managed to install Windows 7 and SL 6.1 side by side in a dual boot setup. This laptop has the core i7 processor, which means it has integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics, but it also has a 2GB Nvidia GT540M (with optimus) discrete card as well. I know that optimus is not natively supported yet, but according to the SL forums, the generic nvidia driver can be installed instead (kmod-nvidia). The instructions said to just do "yum install kmod-nvidia". This installed the drivers for me and when I rebooted, I saw the plymouth-rings splash screen for the first time ever, but the system hung. I restarted again and pushed ESC to see the messages and the screen flickered a few times and it stopped on "registering binary handler for windows applications" Some googling informed me that this was due to the wine service being enabled, so I disabled it and restarted. This time, it got hung on "starting atd:" and the screen flickered a few times. I have a feeling that if I disabled atd, it would just hang on the next service. I had to uninstall the kmod-nvidia package just to boot my system again. There has to be a way to get the nvidia driver working. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin