On Sep 26, 2011, at 00:47 , William Scott wrote:

> On 26 September 2011 04:21, Stephan Wiesand <stephan.wies...@desy.de> wrote:
>

>> NB for optimum performance (and possibly: reliability) of your XP VM, you'll
>> need the drivers from virtio-win - which is available from TUV, but closed
>> source, with a proprietary license, and can only be used with an active
>> subscription. If I were making a living from running Windows VMs on EL
>> hosts, I'd probably bite the bullet.
>
> What about http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin/
> ?
>
> Will that iso do?

I don't know, but one would hope that the interfaces for guest drivers are
being kept stable...

Anyway, thanks for the pointers, I wasn't aware of those sources for the
software at all.

TUV may still have some additional IP in what they provide to subscription
customers. Otherwise I wouldn't understand the restrictive license and no
source being provided at all.

--
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-