On Thursday, October 06, 2011 09:50:06 PM Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Hmm. Did you try simply excluding NetworkManager? I've found it to be
> a maintenance nightmare with unannounced and unplanned changes,
> interfering with normal DHCP operations, standard server
> configurations, and VPN setups haphazardsly. Ripping it out entirely
> is one of my favorite steps for stabilizing a server or desktop setup.

FWIW, I'm running an upstream EL box as a server (remote desktops as well as
web, database, and file).  Since it serves remote desktops, GNOME is installed,
and thus NetworkManager.  I haven't had any NM-related breakage; this is
upstream EL6.1 fully updated, and running for several months as a server with
multiple ethernets and some other tunneled connections.