Hi Alex-

While I am not committed to the ATI proprietary drivers, I have been forced
to use them for a number of reasons.

If you haven't noticed, since March, every month (if not more frequently),
ATI releases an update as a rule. It is an unnecessary and very
time-consuming effort. Other than keeping up with the updates, I have not
found a better solution, other than changing vendors.

Regards,
Wil