Hello,

Since we are "guilty" for these MRG builds let me comment on this too..

*However*, all is not perfect. For the majority of the time, everything is rosy
-
we've got three big dual-Xeon machines all merrily running 24hours/day. Then,
one
day, a reboot of the machine brought the system back up with a kernel panic (not
syncing: Attempted to kill init!).

We see similar problems with some of the systems running MRG kernel-rt here at CERN: in all cases so far these kernel Ooopses do happen on system boot and rebooting system again (sometimes twice) temporarily 'fixes' the situation.

I would be interested in seeing more debug output from panics you see, to
compare with what we experience...

Would be interested in anyone shedding light of exactly what "dracut" is,

Here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Dracut - you'll find all information about

Best Regards

Jarek

PS: Please use rather linuxsoft.cern.ch in your MRG
    repo setup not glitesoft.cern.ch - that one may
    point to different repositories in the future ...

__
_ Jaroslaw_Polok __________________ CERN - IT/OIS/ODS _
_ http://home.cern.ch/~jpolok ___ tel_+41_22_767_1834 _