On 10/17/2011 08:09 PM, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:
On 2011-10-17 18:48, Yasha Karant wrote:
I am in the process of installing SL 6.1 from the install DVD. Two
suggestions:

1. A workaround that will allow installation without an Internet
connection for those who chose the DVD that contains the necessary RPMs,
albeit not necessarily the latest and greatest. Once installed, and the
network is configured, then the usual update mechanism can install the
latest and greatest production RPMs for the major release in question
(e.g. SL 6). Fortunately, the 5.7 Network Manager interface and data for
our residential 802.11 ISP network is close enough to the 6.2 version
that I could copy data from a network activated laptop to the laptop
upon which the 6.2 installation was being done. It is not that I do not
know how to configure to get to the ISP service, but that

2. For a custom package selection, after one hits "next", put up a
confirmation box so that one can continue the custom process, rather
than moving forward with next -- allowing "back".

Most of the installer's development happens in Fedora. Its entire UI is
being redesigned right now, so your input may be valuable to them. If
you're interested in giving feedback I suggest stopping by the #anaconda
IRC channel on Freenode or sending mail to the anaconda-devel mailing list.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/UX_Redesign
http://www.redhat.com/archives/anaconda-devel-list/2011-June/msg00072.html
http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2011/09/26/anacondas-flow/

If joining a Fedora list is required, is there anyone who already is a member who could post on my behalf?

An enthusiast distribution is what is being used to develop a production, stable, enterprise installation and certification interface? I understand that the enthusiasts can help with the debugging issues, testing new hardware platforms -- much as MS Windows "production" users discover the bugs in MS Windows -- but this sort of issue should require a proper "enterprise" interface.

Yasha Karant