On 11/09/2011 09:56 AM, Andreas Petzold wrote:
[snip]

You've gotten very far! All dependencies of your bakoma rpm can be satisfied
with rpms from enabled yum repos. But: yum complains that the i686 version of
the package is not the same version as the x86_64 package. Why that is the
case I don't know. There are a number of possible reasons (different
repositories, broken mirrors, packaging errors, ....). I guess that's a
question to Connie and Pat. I'm not sure that there is an explicit rule that
32bit and 64bit rpms have to be the same version in a multilib repo, but
that's usually what a user and yum expects.

You can disable this check in yum by using the option
--setopt=protected_multilib=false or by adding "protected_multilib=false" to
yum.conf. I don't recommend doing this, as you do seem to be a novice user of
yum and rpm.

I have done a brief perusal of

http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Guides

Is there BNF or syntax charts available for yum? I have found none, with the only option thereby being to peruse the source code. I have done some reading in the guides, but these do not seem particularly well presented.

Is the EL N (in this case N = 6 ) implementation of yum conforming to the material in the above Guides?

[snip]

Regards,

Yasha Karant