Hi Steve-

I have been unable to find external or internal documentation about glibc
compatibility for lx24.

I have since upgraded to SGE 6.2u7 and the glibc installed (SL 6.1) is as
follows

Name        : glibc
Arch        : x86_64
Version     : 2.12
Release     : 1.47.el6
Size        : 12 M
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : sl-securit

Name        : glib
Arch        : x86_64
Epoch       : 1
Version     : 1.2.10
Release     : 33.el6
Size        : 354 k
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : base

Would you happen to have any suggestions on where I can look to rule out
glibc-based problems?

Thanks much,
Wil