Jeremy Wellner wrote:
I have a sadly newb question to put forward to the list.

In setting up SL 6.1 for my workstation I made the decision to not use the dell fakeraid card that was built in and instead used the built in soft raid with SL to make RAID1 mirrors of all the basic partitions so I would have a rather robust workstation.

This plan, has hit a snag at this point however because with the latest kernel update, it is unable to apply because my /boot is too small.

/dev/md2              385G  4.2G  361G   2% /
tmpfs                  12G  220K   12G   1% /dev/shm
/dev/md0               97M   83M  9.8M  90% /boot
/dev/md3              1.4T  164G  1.2T  13% /home

So since this doesn't have a lot on it yet, I'm ok with a nuke/pave/reinstall in the name of learning, however I'm wondering what a decent mount layout should look like.

This is a machine with 24GB of RAM and a pair of 2 TB HDDs.

Thanks!

Jeremy Wellner
Technology Group
Stanwood-Camano School District
jwell...@stanwood.wednet.edu <mailto:jwell...@stanwood.wednet.edu>

Internal: x4357
External: 360-629-1205
Cell: 425-418-4972

“We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here?”
-Steve Jobs

That seems like a pretty full /boot, maybe you should uninstall some older, unused kernels. 100M should be plenty of space for /boot.

-Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola
Digital Systems Engineer