Well, Seeing as its a quiet night on the list, I figured I'd share a procmail recipe that I use for the FNAL mailing lists.

This takes the email, matches the Sender header, then removes the [SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS] from the subject, adds a List-Post: header so the "Reply to List" function works in Thunderbird, then files the email in its own IMAP mail folder!

## Scientific Linux Users mailing list.
:0 Wfh
* ^Sender: owner-scientific-linux-us...@listserv.fnal.gov
| sed -e '/^Subject:/ s/\[SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS\] *//g' && sed ':a;N;$!ba;s/Precedence: list/Precedence: list\nList-Post: <mailto:scientific-linux-us...@fnal.gov>/g'
:0 A
.Mail\ Lists.SL-Users/

Now, as I know some mail clients will mess this up with wrapping lines, the following is the first two chars of a new line:

:0
*

:0
.M

Procmail can do some pretty awesome email voodoo ;)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: net...@crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au