On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Mark Stodola <stod...@pelletron.com> wrote:

> On 03/28/2012 04:58 PM, Kinzel, David wrote:Anything in firefox
> "about:config" should be able to be set like that globally.
>
> I'm actually trying on FF 10 on a 32bit install.
> I've been trying various filenames with those contents (also pref(),
> lock_pref() and lockPref()) in:
> /usr/lib/firefox/
> /usr/lib/firefox/defaults/
> /usr/lib/firefox/defaults/**preferences/ (this is where channel-prefs.js
> exists)
> I even created /etc/firefox (and a few subdirectories based on a google
> search.
> I'm stuck with the "file:///usr/share/doc/HTML/**index.html", even after
> clearing out ~/.mozilla.
>
> I'm not looking for theoretical replies, but rather someone who is
> _actually_ doing it and has it working.  There must be someone out there
> who's got this worked out on SL/CentOS/TUV.

I have tested this on a 6.2 sl amd64 with firefox from the mozilla ftp site
and it works:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locking_preferences

In the past I have locked down firefox on different OS (win/lin/mac) using
the instructions there and works. It is not the most elegant solution ever,
but it is doable.

--
groet,
natxo