On 08/19/2012 05:56 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com> wrote:

By the time the print job gets handed to CUPS, it's supposed to be an
actual print job. In *theory*, I suppose you could do a wrapper to
deduce who the sender was, what X session or tty they're running from,
and do a pop-up. But then that would fail for scheduled fax jobs,
which would have to use something else. And you'd have to specify
print requests to hit that particular printer. If you're going to all
that work of setting the particular printer, why not go to the extra
wrap of piping the print job to a pre-processor that will set up the
fax?

And, it looks like somebody already wrote one, called "fax4CUPS" at
http://vigna.dsi.unimi.it/fax4CUPS/ /

I already have this one installed.  And, can not get it to work.
I have gone over the man page till my eye pop out.

The only error message I can find is in CUPS:
     aborted "Unknown error (return code 1)"

:'(

-T