On 08/25/2012 11:35 PM, Jamie Duncan wrote:
This is something I've always wondered, but never seen a consistent attitude on

When a RHEL-derived distribution find new vulnerabilities, what process do they go to report and address them?

  * Do they go directly upstream?
  * Do they report them in RHEL's bugzilla?
  * Do they patch internally?
  * Other?

Over the years I've seen conflicing information in various forums, and I've always wondered if there was a consistent method that was addressed.

Cheers,
jduncan

For SL, we generally advise posting directly to upstream if it is an upstream problem. SL issues happen, but generally, problems are best resolved there. That way the whole community can benefit from the fix while remaining fully compatible with upstream. One of the best ways we can give back to our upstream providers is fixes, or at least guide them towards problems.

--
Pat Riehecky
Scientific Linux Developer