On 10/05/2012 09:56 PM, Henrique Junior wrote:
Hello, I'm doing some research about efficient ways of performing
traffic shaping in a network but all I can see is a lot of outdated
tools (wondershaper is from 2002, HTB from 2004) and CBQ is quite a bad
idea because it is "shaping" even transfers in my internal network (pc
to pc).
What are people using that is less than 8 year old and in active
development? Does anyone really compiled and successfully used
layer7-filter (for content filtering) in any RHEL 6 based system with
kernel 2.6.32? I know about ClearOS (Clear Foundation is the new
developer of layer7, but the last release of his layer7 is from 2009).

I use shorewall, although on Fedora. Very active list and developer.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  or...@cora.nwra.com