I use some applications, e.g. Notecase and Tkremind, that save
       data to an nfs server on the LAN. This is a new SL-6.3
       installation [Linux box7 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64 XFCE]. It
       can't write data to the servers. The F-18 box does, I can
       manipulate data on the servers from SL-6 via the command line,
       can move Notecase files that way, just can't save from the
       applications. Tkremind checks writing apparently and just errors
       immediately. I've been checking permissions, etc. but can't find
       the cause.

       Suggestions?

       Bob

--