On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, Evan Sather wrote:

------enig2GQLSDWJADQIIIAUXHNWJ

--------------090004020404060409070304

Hi Everyone,

We're experiencing NFS-related problems after viewing home directories
on SL6 desktops.  SL5 clients do not experience this problem.  The NFS
server is a SL5 machine.

One of our desktops outputs this:

   [user@host1 ~]$ ls -ltr |tail
   ls: reading directory .: Invalid argument

Another of our desktops outputs this:

   [user@host2 ~]$ ls -l
   ls: reading directory .: Too many levels of symbolic links

Has anyone else seen this or a similar issue?  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

--=20
*Evan Sather*
Linux System Administrator
High Energy Physics
Argonne National Laboratory

Evan,

We are trying to pin down which versions of the client software have this issue. We know that the server side changed via a bug fix in SL 5.9 via the 2.6.18-348 kernels. We are trying to figure out a way to predict the issue on the client side. So

   What kernel version do you have on the server?
   What arch is the server?

   What kernel version is on the client?
   What are the versions of nfs-utils* ?
   What arch is the client?