On 07/10/2013 09:53 AM, Joseph Areeda wrote:
Greetings,

I'm getting an error from yum (see below) on a system installed from LiveCD.

I remember reading the solution to this but can't seem to find that email or website. My memory and search abilities seem to be fading.

Anybody know the mystic incantation off the top of their head?

Thanks

Joe

    ~$ yum search swig
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
     * elrepo: elrepo.org
     * rpmforge: mirror.hmc.edu
     * sl: ftp1.scientificlinux.org
     * sl-security: ftp1.scientificlinux.org
     * sl6x: ftp1.scientificlinux.org
     * sl6x-security: ftp1.scientificlinux.org
    sl-livecd-extra/primary |  28 kB     00:00

http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/download/sl-livecd-extra/6.4/x86_64/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
    [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from sl-livecd-extra: [Errno
    256] No more mirrors to try.

yum clean expire-cache

--
Pat Riehecky