On 07/18/2013 03:50 PM, David Sommerseth wrote:
On 18/07/13 21:19, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:
On 07/18/2013 01:34 AM, Steve Hill wrote:
On 18.07.13 00:54, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

Start by updating to SL 6.4 with all the KVM updates? KVM is
interesting, but not mature, so any more difficult operations such as
snapshotting are likely to benefit from using the latest releases.

I've tried that - no change.  Although as far as I can tell the qemu-kvm
in the SL 6.2 security updates (which I was originally running) is the
same version that is shipped in 6.4, so wasn't upgraded.

As mentioned, I've not found any especially good documentation online
specifically referring to Scientific Linux / RHEL, etc. But something I
did find suggested that RHEL doesn't support live snapshotting but RHEV
does.  I don't know how accurate this is or how it relates to Scientific
Linux though.

Hi Steve,

You can try asking the developers directly over at

       Spice-devel mailing list
       spice-de...@lists.freedesktop.org

No offence, but maybe sending people to the right place is a good idea.
  SPICE is related to both KVM and QEMU, but it's still not the same
thing.  Same same but different, kind of.  So may I recommend one of
these lists instead?

* KVM mailing lists and IRC channels
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Lists%2C_IRC

* QEMU mailing lists
http://wiki.qemu.org/MailingLists

They take questions from the general public.  (They
can get "cranky" though.)

Yeah, I can understand that though ... asking about things in the wrong
list can also cause such issues.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth

Hi David,

Ooops.  I am on both KVM's and Spice's lists and copies and
pasted the wrong group.  I though I saw what I saw.  Thank
you for sending Steve the correct links.

-T
-T