Hi,

Two days ago, one of my workstations upgrade a ton of packages. It is not on SL 6.5. This workstation uses static networking.

  Two things showed up that are of concern (both messed up my
firewall script which reads and uses these values):

1)  my "GATEWAY=" setting was removed from /etc/sysconfig/network
and moved to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1

"ifup eth1" will now read the "GATEWAY=" from ifcfg-eth1. If moved back to /etc/sysconfig/network, ifup will no longer read it.

Has "GATEWAY" in /etc/sysconfig/network been depreciated?

2) in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1, "BOOTPROTO=" got changed from "static" to "none".

Has this also been depreciated?

Anyone know of a working document from Red Hat dealing with
what is current for ifcfg-ethx and /etc/sysconfig/network?

Many thanks,
-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.