Actually, I already have the liberation fonts installed.

To be more detailed, the application that needs the fonts is Cadence
Specman, which currently looks awful (compared to other machines I used).
I'm not 100% sure, but it's claimed that MS fonts should solve the problem,
so it's worth trying.

Regarding
http://oimon.wordpress.com/2011/09/05/msttcorefonts-on-rhel6-centos-6-sl6/,
well, I saw that link, and something is strange there.
They take  http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/msttcorefonts-2.0-1.spec and
patch it.
However, there is already
http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/msttcorefonts-2.5-1.spec
Therefore, I assumed that the previous post is outdated.

That's the reason I wanted to hear some opinions, before trying a process
that I don't fully understand...