Resolved.

Thanks for the suggestion.  When I included the line clocksource=tcs, the
problem went away.  Also, when the machine booted up, I ran yum update and
rebooted (without catching the grub menu) and the TSC error, again, went
away, so maybe it is a problem with just that kernel (
​Scientific Linux​ (3.10.0-229.20.1.el7.x86_64) 7.1 Nitrogen
​​)?

--
Nathan Moore