On 02/19/2016 02:50 AM, ToddAndMargo wrote:
Hi All,

SL 7.2

Since the last "yum upgrade", VLC (from nux) is completely quiet.

No sound at all.  Everything else has sound but not VLC.

I tried both nux's 2.2 and 2.1.  VLC is set to "defaults" and
is not muted.  I have uninstalled and reinstall several times.
No joy.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Many thanks,
-T

Figured it out.

I had to install pavucontrol-3.0-1.fc22.x86_64.rpm

Then go to "playback", start VLC playing (which shows in
panel), then change VLC's playback device to "Built-in
Analog Analog Stereo" from "HDMI".  Did the trick.

Now I have a cool pavucontrol for pulse audio.

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.