You can use:
needs-restarting(package yum-utils)
or
yum ps(package yum-plugin-ps)

Both will tell you, which services need to be restarted.

Cheers,
Barbara

On 20/02/16 12:46, Eero Volotinen wrote:
I think they both do about same things and almost in the same way. I was not aware that needs-restarting utility is nowdays available anymore.

--
Eero

    Hi Eero,

    I've noticed you're indication about how to determine which
    deamons need to be restarted after an upgrade, given on another
    thread:

        Please note that you need to restart daemons that are still
        using old library versions or reboot the whole machine.

        you can use command 'lsof +c0 -d DEL | awk 'NR==1 || /libc-/
        {print $2,$1,$4,$NF}' | column -t' to check what daemons are
        still using old version of library.

    Out of curiosity: within the yum-utils package, there is a
    needs-restarting utility that seems to be designed to do about the
    same thing (I haven't looked into it).

    Would you know how that one or the command line you mentioned compare?
    Is one more reliable/safer/easier than the other?

    Thanks,

    Iosif Fettich