SL 7.2 with an attempt to get to SL 7.2x (current production release).

From the MATE menu editor, one choice is:  Software Install

I placed this entity upon my desktop, and it fails to start. I then examined properties, and found that the entry activated gpk-dbus-service (different from what was used in SL 7.1). I attempted gpk-dbus-service from a user command line and it merely hung -- no diagnostics. I then su and repeated the step; please see below.

[root@jb344 ykarant]# gpk-dbus-service

** (gpk-dbus-service:21374): CRITICAL **: dbus_g_proxy_new_for_name_owner: assertion 'connection != NULL' failed

(gpk-dbus-service:21374): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
[root@jb344 ykarant]#

What is the correct invocation of the software update GUI? Can this be added to the MATE selections via the MATE menu editor GUI?

Yasha Karant