An alternative approach -- if it will work. Suppose I purchase a 1 Tbyte external USB drive (typically with a NTFS partition//format, but this can be changed). Suppose I install such a drive in the target machine that has MS Win 10 on the internal hard drive, and then, during the boot (secure boot disabled, legacy boot enabled), boot from the SL 7.2 install DVD. Could I do the full install (I am not worried about partitions, etc., yet -- merely for testing purposes) to the USB drive, not touching the internal harddrive, and, after the install, boot the machine from the external USB drive (again, not touching the harddrive). Is this feasible? I fully understand that an external USB drive machine will be "slower" than
a properly configured SATA internal harddrive machine -- but will this work?

Yasha Karant