On Mon, 25 Apr 2016, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

As to which minor versions are current, it may be about to get simpler as
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=mozilla.com_2d37383433353432352d3...@resource.calendar.google.com
suggests that we should see 38.8 esr and 45.1 esr from Mozilla tomorrow (Tuesday 26th April).

I see Firefox 45.1.0 ESR in the SL repo this morning
(and the repomd.xml file timestamp is to be in order
so it installed fine for me :-)

In my experience of previous Firefox ESR major releases,
Red Hat stay with the older supported version as long as possible,
ie until a security update is released for the new version,
but not for the old version.
I'd expect Red Hat to stay with Firefox ESR 38 until mainline 47.0.1 is released.

I'm pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Pat et al.