From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of B. Smith
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 14:59
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [scifinoir2] Re: Pierce Brosnan Out As James Bond, 007

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, yinka oyekunle
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought it was said that he will return to this
> role.  Is this old news or is Brosnan "outed" again?

He's supposedly out for good. The Bond people want Daniel Craig from
Layer Cake as the new Bond. I like Craig but he doesn't come across
as Bond-like to me.

> --- Brent Wodehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

> http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20050817/112429692000.html
> >
> > Pierce Brosnan Out As James Bond, 007
> >
> > Wednesday August 17
> >

> > A single, surprising phone call and it was over.
> > That's how Pierce Brosnan
> > says he learned that his services as James Bond
> > would no longer be
> > required.
> >
> > "One phone call, that's all it took!" the
> > 52-year-old actor tells
> > Entertainment Weekly magazine in its Aug. 19 issue.
> >
> > Brosnan starred in four Bond films. He says that
> > before they stopped
> > negotiations, the producers had invited him back for
> > a fifth time.
> >
> > "You know, the movie career for me really started
> > with Bond," says
> > Brosnan, acknowledging that by the time "GoldenEye"
> > premiered in 1995, he
> > was already 42.
> >
> > He then starred as 007 in "Tomorrow Never Dies"
> > (1997), "The World Is Not
> > Enough" (1999) and "Die Another Day" (2002).
> >
> > His departure from the role was a "titanic jolt to
> > the system," says
> > Brosnan, followed by "a great sense of calm."
> >
> > "I thought. ... I can do anything I want to do now.
> > I'm not beholden to
> > them or anyone. I'm not shackled by some contracted
> > image. So there was a
> > sense of liberation."
> >
> > Brosnan says he's grateful to have had the role, but
> > adds: "It never felt
> > real to me. I never felt I had complete ownership
> > over Bond. Because you'd
> > have these stupid one-liners which I loathed and I
> > always felt phony doing
> > them."
> >
> > He plays a foulmouthed, skirt-chasing hit man in the
> > upcoming film "The
> > Matador."
> >
> > "(For this) to come on the heels of my departure
> > from the world of Bond is
> > sweet grace, to play this one as a farewell to that
> > chapter in time it
> > certainly wasn't planned."
> >
> > ___
> >
> > On the Net:
> >
> > http://www.piercebrosnan.com/

> http://mail.yahoo.com

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*      Visit your group "scifinoir2
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scifinoir2> " on the web.

*      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____

 would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater?Donate or volunteer
in the arts today at Network for Good</a>.</font>