Not if you are a Sikh...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I can imagine a son of mine at the first day of
school. As the teacher asks the kids to identify themselves, you get chipper,
typical stuff like "My name is Suzie Parker!", and "I'm Johnny Johnson!",  or
"We're twins, Melissa and Melinda Williams!".  Then the teacher turns to a
solemn young man sitting in the corner, his air one of supreme confidence and
indifference.

"And who are you, young man?" she asks.

"Khan is my name", he barks.

"Well that's an interesting name, but what's the rest of it?"

"Khan!" he says, turning away.

Wouldn't THAT make an impression on everyone?  Of course, to really pull off
the whole thing, the kid would need a posse of genetically engineered playmates
to do his bidding--but that's another story!

<g123curious wrote:>

Keith:
Or you could go for something in between both extremes, such as:

Boys:
Hikaru Sulu Johnson
Pavel Johnson
Khan Noonien Johnson
Geordi Johnson
Garak Johnson

Girls:
Uhura Johnson
Saavik Johnson
Kira Nerys Johnson
Tasha Yar Johnson

Think of it this way: when your son is out playing in the
neighborhood playground down the street and you yell for him to come
home for dinner, a smile will come to your face everytime you
yell, "Khhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!"

Me thinks that your wife will kill you either way. Hahaha! Enjoy the
naming process for your kids.

George

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Now this might meet the definition of  "nerd"!  My wife and I have
discussed potential names for kids, and I was all stuck on African
monikers. Now this has me thinking. Why saddle my kids with some
boring human names when I have a galaxy of selections to choose:

Boys:
Namor Johnson
Norrin Radd Johnson
Galan T'Challa Johnson