[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> FYI, an interesting POV to be shared with many, especially conservative
> Christians.

I would agree with this except it annoys me no end to a fix a gender to the
vast, omnipotent, omniscient entity - the Creator or God as it were - re:
the last sentence.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/leonard_pitts/1277899
> 2.htm
> Posted on Fri, Sep. 30, 2005
> IN MY OPINION
> Scientists Don't Sue to Gain Access to Pulpits
> BY LEONARD PITTS JR. ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
>
> The Ku Klux Klan is a terrorist group. It was organized in 1865 for the
> purpose of controlling and oppressing newly freed slaves through
> intimidation, violence and murder.
>
> Not many people will argue with that. Historians in particular will find
the
> statement uncontroversial.
>
> But 10 years ago in Vicksburg, Miss., I learned an alternate view.
Vicksburg
> was an especially stubborn stronghold of Confederate sentiment during the
> Civil War -- refused to celebrate the Fourth of July again until 1944.
Small
> wonder, then, that a museum there featured an exhibit claiming the Klan
was
> actually formed to save the South from corrupt black governments and that,
> while ''many people suffered, some no doubt innocently,'' the night riders
> sought only to "restore some semblance of decency.''
>
> It's a lie, of course, but it's a lie some of us believe. So here's the
> question: When we teach schoolchildren about the Klan, must we give equal
> time to this view? Are we required to treat it as if it has the slightest
> credibility?
>
> Or would that not be an affront to scholarship itself?
>
> EVOLUTION ON TRIAL
>
> It's science, not history, that went on trial this week in Harrisburg,
Pa.,
> but the questions still apply. Parents are squaring off in federal court
> over a local school board's requirement that before children can be taught
> Charles Darwin's theory that humanity evolved from lower animals, teachers
> must read a statement acknowledging ''alternate'' theories of human
origin.
> This would include the so-called theory of intelligent design, which holds
> that living things are so fantastically complex, they can only have been
> invented by some supernatural creator.
>
> Proponents of the policy deny they are trying to sneak religion into the
> classroom. It is, they say, a matter of free speech: Students should be
> exposed to all sides of an issue.
>
> But for that argument to hold water, you must have more than one side.
Where

http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM