[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Once in a while we get a little bit of good news!

            FEMA Extends the Deadline!

            Messages from 7,500 of you helped make it happen.

            You can support our continued work on hurricane-related issues and
other efforts by contributing today.

      Dear Amy,

      On Saturday, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) extended the
deadline for victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita to apply for disaster
assistance until January 11, 2006. Read the FEMA press release here.

      Thanks to the more than 7,500 of you who sent a message to FEMA through
ExtendTheDeadline.org! Your grassroots efforts made a big difference.

      For the millions of Americans who were victims of the hurricanes, this
decision by FEMA comes as great news.  Now these families can focus on their
immediate needs without having to worry about losing out on federal aid to
which they are entitled. According to the most recent figures from FEMA,
hurricane victims are continuing to apply for benefits at a rate of almost
20,000 applications per day.  Had FEMA not done the right thing and extended
the deadline, it is clear that tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people
would have lost out.

      FEMA, and the federal government more broadly, has taken a lot of
well-deserved criticism for the failures in its disaster response.  We want to
take this moment to thank FEMA for doing something right.

      In the weeks ahead we'll continue to keep our eyes on the federal
response to the hurricanes - and we'll keep you up to date on developments.
You can always get our latest analysis on a whole host of issues by visiting
our blog: ThinkProgress.org.

      ExtendtheDeadline.org is a campaign of the American Progress Action Fund.
 To organize this campaign and others, we rely on your grassroots support.
Please consider making a contribution today to support our efforts.

      Click here to contribute now.

      Thank you for your support,
      Brian Komar and the entire Extend the Deadline team

            The American Progress Action Fund is the sister advocacy
organization of the Center for American Progress. The Action Fund transforms
progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications,
legislative action, grassroots organizing and advocacy, and partnerships with
other progressive leaders throughout the country and the world. The Action Fund
is also the home of the Progress Report.

            To learn more, visit www.americanprogressaction.org.

            ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now,
is the nation's largest community organization of low- and moderate-income
families, working together for social justice and stronger communities.  Since
1970, ACORN has grown to more than 175,000 member families, organized in 850
neighborhood chapters in 75 cities across the U.S. and in cities in Canada,
Mexico, and Peru. ACORN has been on the ground helping Katrina and Rita victims
put their lives back together.

            To learn more, visit www.ACORN.org.

To remove yourself from this mailing, please click here.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/FXrMlA/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/LRMolB/TM