From: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Astromancer
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 18:11
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [scifinoir2] Earthsea

...But I did like the dragon with the lisp...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:No, no, no! I'm sure I have my review
from last Christmas, but to be it succinctly, the series is weak as
hell. Danny Glover's underused, Kristin Kreuk just looks concerned and
upset, the "hero" is bland, the villain laughable.  The FX are only
fair. It was frankly not as good as recent fantasy TV miniseries like
"Gulliver's Travels" or "The Odyssey".  I wasn't at all engaged or
excited. They even had the nerve to add a fat guy for comic relief,
which didn't work. The only thing that kept it on was the fact I was
putting up my Christmas tree and used it for background noise.
And I say all this before you even get to the fact that the leads should
all have been people of color, not whites, and that Mrs. LeGuin herself
spoke out against the change in the characters' racial makeup. They even
changed the hero's name, making his secret, magic name the everyday one
used by everyone who knew him.

I can buy this on DVD for about $12. Is it worth getting even at this
low price?

Meta

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Visit your group "scifinoir2" on the web.

Science fiction and fantasy Music genres Genre magazine

Science
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Science+fiction+and+fantasy&w1=Scie
nce+fiction+and+fantasy&w2=Music+genres&w3=Genre+magazine&c=3&s=71&.sig=
WW5HCAgpfChc95M2eIZwBA> fiction and fantasy       Music
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Music+genres&w1=Science+fiction+and
+fantasy&w2=Music+genres&w3=Genre+magazine&c=3&s=71&.sig=eBBC-oYTvZZOh4b
_F7hgIA> genres       Genre
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Genre+magazine&w1=Science+fiction+a
nd+fantasy&w2=Music+genres&w3=Genre+magazine&c=3&s=71&.sig=bCgD6I32HHduG
k_b5XfJDg> magazine

  _____

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

*      Visit your group "scifinoir2
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scifinoir2> " on the web.

*      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

*      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

  _____

Science fiction and fantasy Music genres Genre magazine

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM