http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33262

Braga: I'm Done With Trek

Longtime Star Trek producer Brannon Braga told SCI FI Wire that he's done
with the franchise, at least for now and for the foreseeable future. "At
the moment, yeah," Braga said in an interview. "There will be a lot of
fans cheering about that," he added wryly, referring to the often caustic
fan criticism directed at him during his 15 years as a writer and producer
on Trek series and movies.

Since the end of Star Trek: Enterprise earlier this year after four
seasons on the air, there have been no plans announced for either a new
Trek film or a TV series for the first time in 18 years. But Braga said
that, even if there were, he would likely turn down any chance to be part
of it. "At this point, most likely not," Braga said. "Just having come off
so many years on the show and having done something different, I just
don't think I would be ready now. Nor do I think they would necessarily
ask me. But if they came to me today, I would have to be very flattered,
but politely decline."

Braga served as co-creator and executive producer of Star Trek:
Enterprise. Braga began his tenure with the Trek franchise in 1990 as a
writer/producer on The Next Generation. In 1995, he was appointed
executive producer of Star Trek: Voyager. Braga wrote more than 150 Trek
episodes, including the Next Generation series finale "All Good Things ...
," which earned him the Hugo Award for excellence in science fiction
writing. Braga also co-wrote the movies Star Trek: Generations and Star
Trek: First Contact, which became the highest-grossing of the nine Star
Trek films. Braga worked closely with the other longtime executive
producer of Trek, Rick Berman.

Braga is now an executive producer on CBS' new SF drama Threshold and has
left Trek behind. "You know how it is," he said. "You did something for a
long time. Star Trek was very good to me. And I certainly did my best to
contribute to Star Trek. But there just comes a point where I'm not sure
what else I would have to give. I certainly could see the financial value
in it, but at this point, creatively, I would not want to be involved in
something that I couldn't give to."

Threshold moves to a new timeslot, Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, beginning
Nov. 22.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM